A recipe to last all goddamn week.

Wow, hi everyone!  It's been about six months since we've talked.  I hope we're not broken up, but if we are, I understand & I still care about you as a friend.  I'm putting this here, because I can't stop talking about this salad I ate & I feel like I need tp spread the Wheatberry gospel.  

So about two weeks ago I went to Lake George with my husband & two of our friends who I refer to as "our running buds" because they're big runners, go figure.  My husband & John (the other husband) are both training for the NYC Marathon in November, so they run about a billion miles a week.  Cayla, is also a runner, but she isn't in as intense of a training mode, & I only run because I sign myself up for races after three glasses of wine.  

ANYWAY, we went up there so Jeff & John could run a half marathon & Cayla & I ran the 10K.  I PRed, no big deal. I only died twice. So, John & Cayla being the angels they are fed us all weekend & they made this unreal wheat berry salad that blew me away.  Not only was it absolutely delicious, but if you make a shit load of it, it will stay all week long & I can almost guarantee you wont get tired of it.  Don't quote me on that.  It was also perfect to fill us all back up after a huge hilly run that morning.  


I'm currently trying to figure out if doubling it is TOO much, or if I should just do 1.5x.  We'll see!  There are just so many options for this salad, regardless of dietary preferences.  Obviously, if you are wheat or gluten intolerant, um, please don't eat this & die or get sick.  

I'd suggest throwing some eggs/tofu scramble over it for breakfast, mixing it in with some leafy greens for lunch, using it as a side for dinner, OR just eating a bowl of it because it's really effin good.  

Good luck!  

Love always,
Sarah 

Comments

  1. Ok so if you're making it for two people, the recipe is great. Anything more than that I'd at least DOUBLE the recipe (EXCEPT THE LEMON JUICE) , because everyone's going to eat it & then you can have leftovers! YAY.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts